International Students FAQ
Home International Students

International Students FAQ

International Students FAQ

Questions about international admissions?

We hold monthly Q&A sessions where you can ask about our programs, admissions process, applying for visas, or whatever you might need to know about coming to Canada to study at Crandall.

Ask International – Live Q&A

Can I receive NB Medicare?

International Students studying full-time in a New Brunswick university are now eligible to receive New Brunswick Medicare for themselves and their immediate dependents while studying and living in New Brunswick.

Can I work while studying?

International Students with a study visa are permitted typically able to work both on and off-campus more information can be found at the Government of Canada website. Please note, that Crandall University does not guarantee work – it is the student’s responsibility to find work if desired.

Can I work after studying?

International Students graduating from Crandall University are eligible to apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit. This permit would allow you to stay in Canada for a specific amount of time after graduation to work. For more information, please visit the Government of Canada website

I do not consider myself a Christian – can I attend?

YES! Crandall University is a Christian university, but is home to students of many faiths. You will have the opportunity to explore your own beliefs in relation to the Christian faith through engaging classes, chapel experiences, and through thoughtful discussions with your classmates.

Can I bring alcohol onto campus?

No, Crandall campuses are considered “dry” campuses, which means that alcohol and recreational drugs are not permitted in the school or in on-campus housing. Crandall is also smoke-free, which means that smoking, vaping, tobacco, and cannabis use is not permitted anywhere on campus.

What do I need to do after I receive my letter of acceptance?

After receiving your acceptance package, your immediate next steps are:

  1. Pay your tuition deposit outlined on your finance statement
  2. Submit your study permit application

Please refer to the enrollment checklist for next steps.

What do I do after I receive approval of my study permit?

Once you have received one of the following documents, please send a copy to international@crandallu.ca.

  1. Passport Request Letter
  2. Visa Approval Letter
  3. Visa Stamp

Do I need to attend orientation?

YES! Our student orientation sessions are full of helpful information. Not only will you get to meet Crandall staff, faculty, and your fellow classmates, but you will also be connected to the community and learn important information to help set you up for success in your academic life.

How can I defer to a future intake?

Whether you have not received a study permit approval in time for enrollment or life happens and you need to postpone traveling to Canada, we offer the opportunity to defer to the next available intake. For graduate programs, we have multiple intakes at each campus, which may include January, May, and September. For undergraduates, we offer an intake in September at our Moncton Campus.

In order to defer, you will need to complete the following steps here.

  1. Pay a minimum payment of $8,500CAD towards your tuition deposit.
  2. Complete a deferral form.

More information can be found on our deferral form.

I have many more questions – who can I speak with?

Please reach out to our Admissions team at international@crandallu.ca and we would be more than happy to answer any questions we can.

Contact Us



Application Process

for international students

Check out our enrollment checklist for deadlines and other information

Visit Crandall University

The best way to see all that Crandall University has to offer is to come for a campus tour. We can also customize a campus tour to your specific interests.

Copyright © 2012 – 2024 Crandall University. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement