Travelling to Canada
Ensure you are pre-registered for your courses
- Only students who are pre-registered for courses will be eligible to study at Crandall University.
- Pre-registration requests are sent out by email approximately 2-months prior to the beginning of your program.
- Contact us at email@example.com for more information or to check your status.
- On-campus housing is limited.
- Off-campus housing assistance is available through:
- We encourage you to arrange your housing before coming to Canada.
- Crandall University is located in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. Travelers may fly into the Romeo Leblanc International Airport (YQM).
- Students are encouraged not to travel to Canada more than 4-weeks before their first class. Canada Border Services may reject entry if arriving too early.
- Students are required to attend orientation sessions prior to beginning their program. Dates will be emailed to all new students in advance of the start of term.
- Students should have some Canadian currency with them to pay for a Taxi from the airport to their accommodations.
Gather documents supporting essential travel
Please ensure you have the following documentation with you when travelling:
- A valid passport
- A temporary resident visa, if required
- An introduction letter (from the visa office that approved your study permit application), if required
- Your letter of acceptance and any pre-registration documents.
- Your address in Canada (where you will be living).
- Proof of adequate funds ($10,000 CDN minimum).
- Proof of personal travel insurance (Insurance provided by the university will be active on the first day of classes).
- Medical exam results
- COVID-19 test results and proof of vaccination, if required
Arriving in Canada
- Please let us know you have arrived safely! Email firstname.lastname@example.org once you are settled
- Attend our on-campus Orientation Sessions (dates to be determined)
- Bring your Study Permit to the Orientation Session; you will need to show it to the Registrar’s Office
- A local phone number is great to have; pick up a new SIM card for your phone from a local provider.
- Explore the city of Moncton! We hope you’ll enjoy your new home while you are studying with us!
For assistance in settling in Canada, please visit our Settlement Partner Green Haven Management for settlement and employment/internship services (additional costs may apply).
For assistance with Immigration questions and Post Graduate Work Permits, please contact Shoreline Immigration (additional costs may apply).
Travel Guidelines – Government of Canada